Mark Mrohs Consulting
- Created the first 3D/VR training simulator for solar electrical trades
- Achieved National Accreditation for the SunPower Training Program [40 hours of technical instruction]
- Personally created over 200 self-paced interactive online courses
- Program Manager/Lead Instructor for 3-year World Bank funded national training program in India
- Inaugural member of Exam Review Committee for national solar training organization [wrote the original exam for Solar Installer Professional Certification Exam]
- Inaugural instructor of solar electricity curriculum at Moorpark College [NABCEP Entry Level Certification]
- M.Sc. in Educational Psychology and Instructional Technology, UCLA
- B.Sc. in Physics, Harvey Mudd College
- Institute of Sustainable Power Mark C. Fitzgerald Memorial Award (for individual achievement in promoting quality renewable energy training)
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council Special Recognition Award (for distinction in training)
- SunPower Corp. Excellence in Training Award
- Created content for 3D/VR online training in solar photovoltaics and residential electrical troubleshooting; personally created over 100 video lessons; designed electrical schematics; wrote 'procedure guides', the actions to take in the 3D/VR world (over 1000 steps) that allowed the creation by code developers of the learning spaces
- Created and managed training departments; staffed and managed teams of technical trainers, LMS Administrators, and Courseware Developers, both domestic and in overseas support organizations (Philippines, India, Mexico); responsible for budget, revenue, promotion and accreditation
- Created online universities; acted as Instructional Designer and Courseware Developer for lesson content; selected and contracted multiple Learning Management Systems (LMS) and Rapid Instructional Development Tools (Camtasia, Captivate, Brainshark, Adobe Presenter, Articulate Presenter)
- Co-developed curriculum materials with NJATC for NECA/IBEW journeyman training program
- Conducted training programs in 23 countries, audiences up to 200; designed and instructed multi-day hands-on technical training courses
- Experienced in variety of work groups and tasks including: research engineering; production engineering; training programs design, delivery and management; technical support and field service; field sales support
- “Solar Orientation Impacts in Production Home Communities”, ASES August 2005
- "Learning from the Past, Training for the Future", Renewable Energy World, May 1999.
- “Global Training Accreditation and Certification: Objective Standards of Professional Quality for PV Systems Design, Installation, and Maintenance”, 2nd World Renewable Energy Conference, July 1998.
- “Training Accreditation and Certification: A critical infrastructure component”, Proceedings of the 14th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference, H.S. Stephens & Associates (1997).
- “The Time For Certification of Training Has Come”, Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Magazine, March 1997.
- Power and/or energy monitor, method of using, and display device. 7183669
- Method and apparatus for monitoring energy consumption of a customer structure. 8350417